Cardiac Rehabilitation at RAFANA started in 2009 and is an outpatient-based supervised exercise training and lifestyle reformation for the following patients:
- Myocardial infarction
- Coronary revascularization (CABG or PTCA (Stent))
- Valvular heart disease
- Heart failure
- Cardiac arrythmia
- Implantable devices
- With a high cardiac risk
The goals of cardiac rehabilitation are:
- Live longer and lessen your chance or another heart attack
- Control heart disease symptoms such as chest pain or shortness of breath
- Stop or reverse damage to your blood vessels in your heart
- Lessen the physical and emotional effects of heart disease
- Improve your stamina and strength, getting your back to your usual activities , including work, hobbies and regular exercise.
- Learn about heart healthy foods (nutrition plans)
- Improve your confidence and well-being.
Rafana works with a qualified multidisciplinary, multilingual team dedicated to guide the patients in this life changing moment with exercise, education and behavioral changes with the ultimate goal to empower the patients to provide self-care to facilitate the management of their heart disease.
This 3 month program is fully covered by the insurance companies. To be eligible for this program a referral form the cardiologist is necessary.